CGBP Task 3-01
Optimize supply chain solutions to meet the requirements of the international business plan including evaluation of all modes of transportation, inventory, time to market, landed costs, and customer requirements.
Click on a job title below to begin exploring career options . . . will open in a new page
Select a CGBP Task
Select a CGBP Task from the menu below to explore additional career opportunities.
- Global Business Management
- 1-01: Develop and/or assist in the creation of a global mission statement for the firm.
- 1-02: Recognize ethical and cultural issues that are inherent in global activities and contribute to an ethical and cross-culturally sensitive business environment.
- 1-03: Participate in the global business planning and long-term strategic planning processes.
- 1-04: Contribute to the ongoing internal and external research efforts to determine viability of global ventures.
- 1-05: Develop and/or assist in risk assessment and the development of risk management policies to support proposed global business activities.
- 1-06: Develop and/or assist in internal and external legal and regulatory compliance efforts to support global activities.
- 1-07: Develop and/or assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the global budget.
- 1-08: Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate external organizations to support global activities.
- 1-09: Participate in the effective use of technology to support global performance.
- Global Marketing
- 2-01: Evaluate the internal and external environment (e.g., economic and physical geography, history, political environment, competitive analysis, regulatory, cultural, and technological issues) to identify potential marketing threats and opportunities.
- 2-02: Develop and implement the global marketing plan: Conduct market research in order to determine the best potential market.
- 2-03: After analysis of the market research, select products and markets to be targeted.
- 2-04: Develop and select market strategy to maximize sales and profitability.
- 2-05: Develop and implement a marketing budget related to the global activities of the company.
- 2-06: Coordinate the marketing mix of goods and services to implement the company’s marketing plan : Provide products and services for the targeted markets.
- 2-07: Implement, monitor, and adjust the company’s global pricing strategies.
- 2-08: Initiate and manage global promotion strategies in order to support the global marketing plan.
- 2-09: Analyze and formulate global distribution strategy for products and/or services.
- 2-10: Establish and manage the global sales activities.
- Supply Chain Management
- 3-01: Optimize supply chain solutions to meet the requirements of the international business plan including evaluation of all modes of transportation, inventory, time to market, landed costs, and customer requirements.
- 3-02: Evaluate and select the potential intermediaries (e.g., carriers – all modes, third party logistics providers [3PL’s], forwarders, brokers, contract carriers) necessary to support the international business plan (including evaluation of outsourcing alternatives and/or partners).
- 3-03: Complete the documents required for international movement of product and services.
- 3-04: Coordinate with other departments to calculate the true cost, benefits, and risks of proposed transactions in order to implement risk management policies.
- 3-05: Facilitate the offshore procurement process.
- Trade Finance
- 4-01: Assess political and economic risks and cultural issues of the target country to establish the financial costs and viability.
- 4-02: After evaluating foreign currency exchange risk, select, implement, and manage risk mitigation techniques to protect the company against fluctuation of foreign exchange.
- 4-03: Research and analyze credit history and payment capacity of the potential buyers/partners to assess the commercial risk of the buyer and maintain credit management and control procedures and documentation.
- 4-04: Establish the most appropriate methods and terms of payment and required documentation to ensure timely payment for the sale of goods and/or services and to facilitate external financing.
- 4-05: Select appropriate methods, terms, and currency of payment to agents, sales representatives, distributors, suppliers, and international joint ventures.
- 4-06: Develop a financial plan to establish whether internal/external international trade financing is required.
- 4-07: Identify options for short-term (up to 180 days) pre- and/or post-shipment finance for the seller to ensure lowest cost financing at acceptable levels of risk.
- 4-08: Identify and arrange medium- and long-term finance for the overseas buyer (internal/external) to allow buyer extended terms while providing cash payment to seller without recourse.