International Business Careers:
Explore Your Options
Available on Amazon.com
Would you like a meaningful international business career? How can you explore the possibilities without becoming overwhelmed?
International business careers are often not easy to identify in a comprehensive manner. It can quickly become confusing because many international business careers are not identified as being “international”. They may involve both domestic and international work. They also may have little or no international travel. On the other hand, they may require extensive international travel, or even relocation abroad.
We provide four structured methods to help you clearly explore international business career options. This book gives you access to active, real-time job listings, while providing detailed occupational information. In combination, they help you build realistic expectations (regarding what a job entails). You will also learn how to prepare (key skills and competencies), and identify job requirements (education, credentials and experience). We guide you to take action (using active job listings to get working).
This authoritative book (over 1,000 pages) provides clarity and direction - it makes it easy and fun to explore career alternatives, prepare appropriately, and take action to obtain an international business career that is appropriate for you.
Get the Book Here
I am a husband and a father – the two most important roles in my life. I love to spend time with my family hiking various trails and traveling.
I am a Professor of Business Management at Mt. San Antonio College. I teach Small Business Management (Entrepreneurship) and International Business. I fulfilled the role as Department Co-Chair – Accounting & Management Department at Mt. San Antonio College for multiple years. Former President of the Citrus College Management Team. I am also the Vice Chairman of the United Abacus Arithmetic Association (UAAA). I co-developed three step-laddered International Business certificates, three step-laddered Small Business Management certificates, an International Business A.S. degree, a Small Business Management A.S. degree, and a Supply Chain Management Certificate program.
I was appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Penny Pritzker, to the District Export Council of Southern California (SOCAL DEC) where I served a four-year term (2014-2017). Additionally, I was a member of the Industry Manufacturers Council for 27 years (1990 - 2017), and the Chairman of their Management & Operations Committee for 14 years. I provided export training under the Export Training Assistance Partnership (ETAP) for four years, was a member of the Foreign Trade Association (FTA) for seven years and served as Board member for the Valley International Trade Association (VITA) for two years. I received the NASBITE International Advancing International Trade Award – California 2019.
Private-sector professional background
- I have international marketing, international sales, procurement, and trading experience, as the former International Marketing and General Manager for a Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturing and trading company.
- I also have Far East licensing experience, through Japan, for the manufacture and distribution of Disney product lines in Taiwan.
- I conducted supplier intelligence, product development, Asian sourcing, and marketing functions, as former Trader of Engineering Products with a German industrial machinery trading company.
- I have top management experience as former General Manager with a multi-chain rental-retail operation in Los Angeles.
- I have provided value-added international marketing research and consulting services as the former Director and lead consultant at the Center for International Trade Development (CITD).
- I was Interim Director of the East Los Angeles County Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- I design and deploy Internet web sites, specializing in interactive web tools. I develop customized search, mining and retrieval interfaces for knowledge bases (content management), which include robust intuitive database search and reporting systems.
- I have real estate investment management expertise and am a principal investor in residential rental properties.
- I am the developer, coder and webmaster for: https://ConsultaPedia.com
Ed.D (Leadership): University of La Verne
Executive M. B. A.: Pepperdine University
Chinese Studies: Soochow University on Taiwan
Skills Needed For Effective International Marketing: Training Implications
International Business Careers: Explore, Prepare & Take Action
Importing & Exporting at a Glance
International Business Model Curriculum (Co-Author)
How To Organize, Start and Manage a Small Business
A Practical Guide to Cultural Behavior & Communication
Sample Material From the eBook
I have included a few sample career sections from the eBook (Get the Book Here). Each gives you access to active, real-time job listings, while providing detailed occupational information. In combination, they help you build realistic expectations (regarding what a job entails). You will also learn how to prepare (key skills and competencies), and identify job requirements (education, credentials and experience). We guide you to take action (using active job listings to get working). The book, International Business Careers: Explore, Prepare & Take Action, provides details on 103 careers related to International Business.
Explore the small sampling below:
Cargo and Freight Agents
Supply Chain Managers