Dr. Ralph Jagodka
I am a husband and a father – the two most important roles in my life. I love to spend time with my family hiking various trails and traveling. Explore and experience some of my favorite trails HERE
I am a Professor of Business Management at Mt. San Antonio College. I teach Small Business Management (Entrepreneurship) and International Business. I fulfilled the role as Department Co-Chair – Accounting & Management Department at Mt. San Antonio College for multiple years. Former President of the Citrus College Management Team. I am also the Vice Chairman of the United Abacus Arithmetic Association (UAAA). I co-developed three step-laddered International Business certificates, three step-laddered Small Business Management certificates, an International Business A.S. degree, a Small Business Management A.S. degree, and a Supply Chain Management Certificate program.
I was appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, Penny Pritzker, to the District Export Council of Southern California (SOCAL DEC) where I served a four-year term (2014-2017). Additionally, I was a member of the Industry Manufacturers Council for 27 years (1990 - 2017), and the Chairman of their Management & Operations Committee for 14 years. I provided export training under the Export Training Assistance Partnership (ETAP) for four years, was a member of the Foreign Trade Association (FTA) for seven years and served as Board member for the Valley International Trade Association (VITA) for two years. I received the NASBITE International Advancing International Trade Award – California 2019.
My private-sector professional background includes:
- I have international marketing, international sales, procurement, and trading experience, as the former International Marketing and General Manager for a Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturing and trading company.
- I also have Far East licensing experience, through Japan, for the manufacture and distribution of Disney product lines in Taiwan.
- I conducted supplier intelligence, product development, Asian sourcing, and marketing functions, as former Trader of Engineering Products with a German industrial machinery trading company.
- I have top management experience as former General Manager with a multi-chain rental-retail operation in Los Angeles.
- I have provided value-added international marketing research and consulting services as the former Director and lead consultant at the Center for International Trade Development (CITD).
- I was Interim Director of the East Los Angeles County Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- I design and deploy Internet web sites, specializing in interactive web tools. I develop customized search, mining and retrieval interfaces for knowledge bases (content management), which include robust intuitive database search and reporting systems.
- I have real estate investment management expertise and am a principal investor in residential rental properties.
- I am the developer, coder and webmaster for: https://ConsultaPedia.com
Ed.D (Leadership): University of La Verne
Executive M. B. A.: Pepperdine University
Chinese Studies: Soochow University on Taiwan
Skills Needed For Effective International Marketing: Training Implications
International Business Careers: Explore, Prepare & Take Action
Importing & Exporting at a Glance
International Business Model Curriculum (Co-Author)
How To Organize, Start and Manage a Small Business
Business Plan Templates
A Practical Guide to Cultural Behavior & Communication