CGBP Task 4-01
Assess political and economic risks and cultural issues of the target country to establish the financial costs and viability.
Click on a job title below to begin exploring career options . . . will open in a new page
Select a CGBP Task
Select a CGBP Task from the menu below to explore additional career opportunities.
- Global Business Management
- 1-01: Develop and/or assist in the creation of a global mission statement for the firm.
- 1-02: Recognize ethical and cultural issues that are inherent in global activities and contribute to an ethical and cross-culturally sensitive business environment.
- 1-03: Participate in the global business planning and long-term strategic planning processes.
- 1-04: Contribute to the ongoing internal and external research efforts to determine viability of global ventures.
- 1-05: Develop and/or assist in risk assessment and the development of risk management policies to support proposed global business activities.
- 1-06: Develop and/or assist in internal and external legal and regulatory compliance efforts to support global activities.
- 1-07: Develop and/or assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the global budget.
- 1-08: Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate external organizations to support global activities.
- 1-09: Participate in the effective use of technology to support global performance.
- Global Marketing
- 2-01: Evaluate the internal and external environment (e.g., economic and physical geography, history, political environment, competitive analysis, regulatory, cultural, and technological issues) to identify potential marketing threats and opportunities.
- 2-02: Develop and implement the global marketing plan: Conduct market research in order to determine the best potential market.
- 2-03: After analysis of the market research, select products and markets to be targeted.
- 2-04: Develop and select market strategy to maximize sales and profitability.
- 2-05: Develop and implement a marketing budget related to the global activities of the company.
- 2-06: Coordinate the marketing mix of goods and services to implement the company’s marketing plan : Provide products and services for the targeted markets.
- 2-07: Implement, monitor, and adjust the company’s global pricing strategies.
- 2-08: Initiate and manage global promotion strategies in order to support the global marketing plan.
- 2-09: Analyze and formulate global distribution strategy for products and/or services.
- 2-10: Establish and manage the global sales activities.
- Supply Chain Management
- 3-01: Optimize supply chain solutions to meet the requirements of the international business plan including evaluation of all modes of transportation, inventory, time to market, landed costs, and customer requirements.
- 3-02: Evaluate and select the potential intermediaries (e.g., carriers – all modes, third party logistics providers [3PL’s], forwarders, brokers, contract carriers) necessary to support the international business plan (including evaluation of outsourcing alternatives and/or partners).
- 3-03: Complete the documents required for international movement of product and services.
- 3-04: Coordinate with other departments to calculate the true cost, benefits, and risks of proposed transactions in order to implement risk management policies.
- 3-05: Facilitate the offshore procurement process.
- Trade Finance
- 4-01: Assess political and economic risks and cultural issues of the target country to establish the financial costs and viability.
- 4-02: After evaluating foreign currency exchange risk, select, implement, and manage risk mitigation techniques to protect the company against fluctuation of foreign exchange.
- 4-03: Research and analyze credit history and payment capacity of the potential buyers/partners to assess the commercial risk of the buyer and maintain credit management and control procedures and documentation.
- 4-04: Establish the most appropriate methods and terms of payment and required documentation to ensure timely payment for the sale of goods and/or services and to facilitate external financing.
- 4-05: Select appropriate methods, terms, and currency of payment to agents, sales representatives, distributors, suppliers, and international joint ventures.
- 4-06: Develop a financial plan to establish whether internal/external international trade financing is required.
- 4-07: Identify options for short-term (up to 180 days) pre- and/or post-shipment finance for the seller to ensure lowest cost financing at acceptable levels of risk.
- 4-08: Identify and arrange medium- and long-term finance for the overseas buyer (internal/external) to allow buyer extended terms while providing cash payment to seller without recourse.